In succession of last year, the VA-NKO will, together with the Royal Belgian Society of Otorhinolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery, organize a Temporal bone drilling contest.
The assignment is:
- Anatomical dissection consisting of a complete mastoidectomy with attico-antromy and posterior tympanotomy with preservation of the scutum and posterior bony canal wall and skeletonization of the semicircular canals and the facial nerve as well as the chorda tympani.
The other rules are:
- Only one submission is allowed.
- No last year residents allowed.
- Deadline is 31 Januari 2011.
- Delivery to
Elisabeth Geens, secretary
PO Box 1248
B-3001 Leuven - Louvain
Telephone: +32 473 35 27 80
Prizes, 1.000 and 500 Euro for winner and runner-up respectively, are awarded during the prize session of the Spring Congress on 2 April 2011.
June 16-19th 2010, the EAONO organizes the Fifth EAONO Instructional workshop in Parma. The Fourth Consensus in Auditory Implants will take place at the same event. Temporal bone dissections will be organised by the Piacenza Gruppo Otologico.
The latest information can be found at:
The winners of the Temporal bone dissection contest 2009 are:
- Nicolas Mardyla (first prize)
- Marc Vanderghinst (second prize)
Remember to start drilling for next year!
The «Cours de dissection et de pathologies chirurgicales de l'oreille moyenne» will be held on 16-17-18 December 2009, at Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, Brussels.
- 16 december 2009: «chirurgies en direct et simultanées avec l'équipe des Pr Fraysse et Deguine de Toulouse.»
- 17 and 18 December 2009: «dissection sur tête».
Special prices for residents/assistants!
Registration via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref: RBS ORL-HNS, http://www.orl-nko.be.
We remind you of the contest of drilled temporal bones for Belgian ENT residents / specialist registrars (year 1 - 4) announced by the Royal Belgian Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.